Jake is a cub scout! I got called to be in the primary a month or two before Jake got put in there, so we are learning it all together. Jake's friends have all been in scouts for a while, so he was excited to finally be a part of it all.
We had the blue and gold banquet the other day and they did a meal where the food was hidden behind these boxes and labeled things like "bloody cow hearts" and "fried worms" or "maggots". In the line, you said whether you wanted that or not, and at the end, they got to see what was on their plates. It was Hawaiian haystacks, so Jake was a bit disappointed because he isn't a fan. He thought it was funny before he saw the food though :).
I can't remember what they are...I think they were squirrels or something...can't you tell?
Allie loves pack meeting. She runs around the church doing cart wheels and other things that annoy me because I feel like she should be sitting next to me quietly and on her best behavior. Yeah, not going to happen.
Nate got to duck out early because he pooped and we didn't have any diapers in the car. Come to think of it, he did that at the last pack meeting. Mike must be bribing him or something because he's the one who gets to duck out while I stay for a meeting...
Ah well, the chaos is worth it because they have so much fun. I think Jake is going to love being a cub scout.
No comments:
Post a Comment