I was putting away the too small clothes and getting out the winter pants a little while ago, and I tossed Nate's dinosaur jammies into the pile of clothes for Jason to grow into. Nate saw them in that pile and got really upset. They are his favorites and they are "not Jason's yet!". I tried to tell him that he was too big for them and he said that he just isn't. So, they are back in the drawer to wear over and over. I wasn't sure if I had written about them, so here's the post in case I haven't. These are "dinosaur jams"...
Nate and Jason both got a pair for Christmas last year and it's been fun to dress them both up in them at night. Nate really took a liking to his and wore them every single night that he could. It even got to the point that I was washing them in a load just for him so he could have them each night. He wouldn't wear anything else. I tried to buy more, but by the time I realized he wouldn't wear anything else, the soft fleecy ones were out of the stores and summer jammies were in. I bought some light weight footy pj's, but he'd cry and fight his way out of them begging for his dinosaur ones instead. So, they just got more and more worn out until one day, his toes popped right out. He was super sad about it. I cut the feet things off and it was still pretty sad for him. I guess he decided that dinosaur jammies without feet were still better than the brand new ones in the drawer, so he made peace with the footless jammies.
When summer was drawing to a close (after he had sweltered the hot summer nights away in his dinosaur jammies), we were shopping at Sam's club and saw the fleece pj's with perfectly new footy parts and we were both so excited. We bought a few pair, and even one for Jason so he could match. Then we got home and he put them on and had a fit. They were "too crunchy!" He didn't want to wear the new ones because they were too new!
I washed them a few times and still...nope. Then I told him that the new jammies were faster because the non slip traction thing on the bottom was brand new and would help him run fast on the wood floor. That did it for him and now he'll wear all the new jammies, plus the light weight ones we bought in the summer. He still picks out dinosaur jammies whenever they are clean, but at least we don't have to wash them special for him. He loves them, and now that the feet are off, they'll probably fit him for a year or so. I might have to cut them apart and sew the fabric into a blanket for him or something. He loves them that much :)
Cute boy.
1 comment:
Oh I love that Nate boy! Isn't it funny the little quirks they have?
Post a Comment