Friday, November 7, 2014

Pumpkins

The olders were pretty anxious to carve their pumpkins this year.  I was a slacker and didn't buy a pumpkin for them until our grocery store was out of everything but these huge thick skinned ones that would have made us all insane.  Luckily, I got a tip about a place that sells them at a road side place and we found some cute ones.  Small, but cute.  We put the littles to bed and got to work.  


 It's so great that they are old enough to do their own thing!  All I did was cut off the top.




As you know, it's been the year of the Potter, so I made my pumpkin into Harry Potter.  It has a wand and everything.  It says "try for some remorse Riddle...Expelliarmus!"  I know that this puts me in the nerd category, but it is what it is.
 Jake made Voldemort.

 His says "Avada Kadavra"



 Allie wanted a traditional jack o lantern.  I think she did a great job.