Now that it is so dark so early, we seem to have more time on our hands in the evenings. Sometimes all the kids wrestling/playing in the living room drives me up the wall. Allie usually needs to read her monotone reading assignment to me and like the bad mom that I am, sometimes I'll ask her to take Jason into his room and read her assignment to him. It seems like the only time Jason sits down willingly and happily is when you read to him. I love walking in and seeing the older kids reading to the younger ones. I love that they all love books.
p.s. If you haven't checked out Mo Willems books from the library, or bought a few, you are really missing out. We love them all. Jake and Allie probably like the Piggie and Gerald books the best and the boys like the Pigeon ones, but really, we all just like all of them more than any other books we read. It is so fun for me to eavesdrop on Allie or Jake reading those books because they try to change their voices to match the way I have read to them for years. It's pretty cute.
p.s. (2) Hearing Jason's little chuckle when he finds something funny in a book is pretty much one of the most magical sounds out there. Sometimes I read the punch lines over and over just to hear it.
1 comment:
It melts my heart too when the older ones read to the younger ones! Cute about Jason's laugh!
Post a Comment