Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Done!

Our Summer/Fall of Harry Potter is officially over.  Allie finished the seventh book and now we don't have to worry about spoilers or anything until Nate and Jason start to read the books.  When school started, we didn't have time to read together anymore, so I let Jake read on his own.  He finished the last book at the end of September and then waited patiently for Allie to finish it off so we could all talk about it.  Allie finished a few weeks ago, so we watched the last of the movies last weekend.  I had to fast forward some of the movie parts because there are some scary scenes, but they loved it.  It's probably hard to watch the movies with us because instead of just me being annoyed that things aren't the same as the book, now there are three of us being annoyed that they changed things from how they were in the book.  It's still fun though.
I've said it before, but it's just been really fun for me that the kids love the books that I love so much.
Now that we are all done, I had the kids pick their favorite book in the series and we got a picture.



Jake had a hard time deciding between books three and four, but he settled on book three.

Allie chose book 6 and then changed to book 4.

I love book 3 and usually say that's my favorite, but after reading them this time through, I decided on book 7 because my favorite chapter in all the series is in there.  ("The Prince's Tale").

So, there you have it.  It's over.  I will just have to look forward to 7 or 8 years from now when we read the books to Jason and Nate.

Thanks J.K. Rowling!  We love your books!

1 comment: