After an hour or so of pulling things apart, we were ready to put the new sink in the hole. It didn't fit. Mike cut away at the counter top...said a few curse words, dinged the back window sill trying to get things in and out...but it still didn't fit. So he ran to the store to get a new sink. They had one that fit. Another porcelain sink...yay! I know how to make that kind shine. Hours later, a few more swears, cut fingers, and all sorts of drama, the new sink was in.
It was beautiful. Then we noticed a bulge in the side and a scratch that drove Mike crazy to look at each day. Even though it had taken all day, he wanted to make it right in the end. So, he took it out and put in another shiny new sink. I was so happy with my new sink...until I went to use the dishwasher that night. It didn't work. All the work on the plumbing below had clogged the dishwasher tube.
Mike was out of town, so it was going to be a while until I could get it fixed. So I had to wash dish after dish, by hand. It took me hours because I have some germ-a-phobe tendencies and couldn't just wash them quick and easy.
The kids were surprised to know that a dishwasher is a luxury item. They couldn't believe that most of the world lives and survives washing all their dishes by hand. We are spoiled for sure.
1 comment:
Lucky! The new sink is beautiful!
Post a Comment