Jason wants a new nerf gun. I told him he could earn the money to buy it and he was discouraged because when I told him he could do some jobs for me, he said "remember mom? I don't work".
I told him that I'd give him 50 cents every time he slept in his own bed, and this is what I got...I am so glad I had my computer at the table so I could start typing as he was talking.
Jason: Well, it's why I sleep in your bed is because it's so soft and warm to snuggle you. And I like to snuggle in and feel that. It reminds me of when I was a little baby and I slept right here on you (pointing to his neck) like in that picture of you and Sam. (There's a picture on our wall of Sam on my chest the day he was born.) I felt all the love. Babies feel love when they are sleeping like that. So when I see that picture, I remember that you love me.
Me: I do love you.
Jason: I know, and that's why I like to come in and snuggle you. Whenever I feel you or be next to you, I can feel the love and when I see the painting and when you say you love me, and I love you too. And when I sleep with you, I feel all that stuff. I feel all of it.
Me: That is a lot of love. I can see why you wouldn't want to sleep alone when you can feel all that love.
Jason: Yeah. And also, it's because I like to remember what it was like to be a baby snuggling you.
Seriously, tell me one mother who would tell her child to get back in bed after hearing that speech. Come on in Jason, we'll find another way to earn that money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I’m dying of cuteness!!!!
Post a Comment