Tuesday, February 6, 2018

To Fill A Saturday Afternoon...

I had some girls at my house.  When dancing and singing at the top of their voices to The Greatest Showman soundtrack was getting old, they asked if they could make ice cream.  I said no.  They asked if they could make sherbet.  I said no.  They asked if they could make boring cookies or brownies, and I said yes.  They looked up recipes in a book and decided to make a Halloween treat of peanut butter cookies sandwiched together with nutella and marshmallows to look like teeth.  



I told you before that Mike bought Allie an Easy Bake oven in hopes of having warm goodies all the time.  So when he came in and saw them baking, he suggested they get it out.  I think they got too wrapped up in rolling dough in sugar and taking turns making the fork patterns on the cookies to get it out.  He did get plenty of warm cookies though.  In fact, he kept sending the boys up to ask for more cookies for him.  I accused the boys of eating them on the way down, but nope...they were going to the bottomless pit that is Mike when peanut butter cookies are around.


The finished product!