Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Pool

It's been over 20 years since I have set foot in the place I went 5 days a week for years and years.  On Saturday, we took the kids swimming to the pool that I swam in as a kid.  A really fun kid pool was added on, but so many things were the same and it was so fun to see a place that was a second home for so long.  It's right next to the high school and brought back so many memories.  I loved my high school years.  

As for this trip, I forgot my swim suit, so I had to sit by and watch the kids play.  Jason and Nate think they are hot stuff without life jackets, and they both did great!

 There was a big bucket that dropped water down every minute or so.  Jason and Nate made it their mission to make sure Jake was under the bucket.  He was such a good sport to play with them.






They finally succeeded...Jake got wet.  You know, because that's such a traumatic thing when you are swimming.  :)

Allie swam with cousins and did flips off the diving board.  I didn't make it over with my camera until they had closed that area off, so I didn't get any diving pictures.  She had a great time though.


The lazy river had just enough of a current that it helped Jason stay afloat and "swim" on the top of the water.  He thought he was hot stuff.


He also wanted me to take a picture of him "peeing".

*Not pictured, all of my cute kids going down the big yellow waterslide.
*Also not pictured, all of the times the angry life guards had to blow their whistles at my kids and make them stop doing things against the rules.  I just know they were thinking all sorts of mean things about me as I tried to parent from the side of the pool.  It was so fun though. 

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

That cracks me up!!!! Dumb lifeguards 😳