This year, Mike took all the Y/M out to get their moms a carnation the night before Valentine's day. I thought it was pretty cute to see him come in with a sheepish look on his face and wish me a happy Valentine's Day. He also wrote a really nice note for Allie and left it for her with some candy. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face.
That night, we had our fancy dinner in the living room. If I remember right, last year, Allie and I slaved away at the stove all day, only to have kids complain about the gross food. I got smart this year and just made pizza that they would all like.
It was a nice day. It's fun to make these days special for the kids, but even better when they do nice things for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment