Saturday, May 26, 2018
Dear Canon 50D
You have brought me so much joy. I remember researching you in the parking lot as Allie and Jake took swimming lessons and Sam swam around in my belly. My old camera didn't focus automatically anymore and Sam was coming soon. I knew I wanted a good camera to get good pictures of the boy.
You came in the mail and you were everything I hoped for. Not only did you take the first images of Sam, but you took the first images of Nathan, and Jason. You captured so many birthdays. You are proof of all sorts of "firsts". Waterskiing, t-ball hits, dance revues, piano recitals, lost teeth...you went on countless adventures with me and have performed better than I could ever have imagined. You've been dropped several times, but you just kept going. In fact, I feel like I am being selfish in getting a new camera, but it's time. I don't even have the words to say because it feels so heartless to say that I want a camera that is a little more updated. You have been so faithful and good to me. You aren't even broken! Just old. So, I'm going to give you to the kids. They want to take all sorts of pictures and I know you will help them develop their talents. I know you will bring them joy too. So, you will live on. The Canon 77D is flashy...it can take video as well as possessing 24.2 vs. your 15.1 megapixels. Sorry, not sorry. I love taking pictures. I love documenting the adventures of our family. If that means replacing you with a newer model, then that's just what it is. I will love you forever. Thanks for the nearly 9 years of faithful service. You are amazing and I am so grateful for you.
Sue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment