Tuesday, May 8, 2018

More Soccer

Our Wednesday schedule is pretty crazy with soccer season.  All three kids that are playing right now have games on Wednesdays.  They either overlap, or are one right after another.  This week, Allie had her game on Thursday, so we only had Jason and Nate.  

Jason and Finn are so fun to watch.

Nate took over the camera and got a few good shots.

This one is perfect for our lives right now.  Allie has been trying to earn the Great American award for her school.  She has to memorize a whole lot of things and we have spent more hours than I can count working on it.  She has had a really hard time learning what it takes for her mind to retain things.  I am so proud of her for trying so hard though.  This night we were working on the Gettysburg Address.  "Four score and seven years ago..."


Nate's game was next.  They were playing a really good team.  There was a kid on that team that scored 3 times as I was walking from the car to the field.  Yikes!
Allie and I settled in and a new quarter started.  Nate tends to yell out to the whole field that he's a great soccer player.  Then he yells that he's a great goalie.  Last time he was goalie, he let in 4 goals in a row and I had a little chat with him about showing people with your actions instead of your words that you are a great soccer player.  I told him he could think it in his head, but not to yell out that he was a great player.  :)
Fast forward to this game, and Allie and I were both pleading from the sidelines for him not to volunteer to be goalie...not against this super amazing soccer playing kid on the other team.  What did he do?  He volunteered to be goalie.  I sank down in my chair and prepared for the onslaught, as "crazy socks" as they were calling him, got to practice scoring goals from every angle. 

 Then, Nate saved a goal.
He tossed the ball in and then saved another!



Every time that ball got anywhere near him, he pounced!  He dove, he jumped, he saved 8 goals.  He didn't even let one go in! 
 I got my camera out because he was making every save look incredible too!  Allie came back from the goal box (where she had gone with the intention of helping him) and sat back to watch with me.  We both relaxed and enjoyed the show.


It was a good night for soccer.  Way to go kiddos!

No comments: