Sunday, May 6, 2018

Lola

Lola just had her third batch of babies.  We knew she was due any day, and she looked really large, so when the kids took her out of her cage to clean it, I told them I wanted to get pictures of her.  

 It's really hard to show in pictures how big she gets when she is about to have babies, but the poor thing looks so uncomfortable.  I still remember seeing my childhood dog Lacy with her pregnant belly scraping the floor.  She was a miniature dachshund, so she was naturally low to the ground, but when she was pregnant, she would get a bald patch of hair rubbed off her tummy from hitting the ground.  I've never forgotten.  Now that I've had babies myself, I just look at Lola and feel so bad for her those final days.  On the other hand, she's only pregnant for 34 days, so I do hold some pity in reserve...


She had four babies the day after this photo shoot.  They are cute and we're excited for them to get a little older so we can start playing with them.  I'm glad they were born in Spring weather so we can play with them outside and watch them walk around.  Pictures will be coming soon...

No comments: