Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Eleanor Roosevelt

In the middle of all the Great American award drama, Allie was to be Eleanor Roosevelt in the History Fair.  I love the History Fair.  All the kids in the 5th grade are assigned to research and then become a character from history in a wax museum.
Allie was able to be Eleanor Roosevelt.  She did a report, made a poster, and memorized a part to teach others about Eleanor.



If someone pushes your button, you have to stand up and recite your memorized part.  Then you're supposed to sit down and pretend you are wax again.  Allie smiled a bit for us though.



As we wondered what kind of outfit Allie could wear, we thought of people who might have clothes that would fit her.  We were driving to dance one day and saw our neighbor out walking.  I thought she seemed the type to have a woman's suit, so I pulled over and asked.  Not only did she have some things, but she had her mother's, and her grandmother's clothes.  We went over later and found something that fit well enough and was great for Eleanor.


Hello, my name is Eleanor Roosevelt.  If I were alive today, I would be 132 years old.  I am President Franklin D. Roosevelt's wife.  Some of the contributions I made to America are: I worked for social and political change, and I didn't just care about my own rights.  I care about others rights.  I wanted women and African Americans to get fair rights.   


I stuck around for a bit and watched people push her button.

I also saw Rosa Parks...

  And Annie Oakley.



 Jason and Mike were able to come with us and it was a fun History Fair.  Way to go 5th grade!  It's such a fun way to bring history to life!

No comments: