Jason refused to play in his last soccer game. He got a scrape on his foot and his cleats were irritating it. He threw them off and then insisted that he was not going to play. I had to bring the treats for the end of the game, so I told him he had to come with me.
He still insisted that he wasn't playing, no matter how much his teammates or coach begged. We sat and watched as one little boy scored goal after goal. Jason started to get mad. He doesn't like losing. I told him he couldn't complain if he wasn't there helping his team. So he hopped up and joined the last few minutes of the game. He was determined to stop that kid from scoring.
The game was over fast, but I was glad he went out there and finished the season. He's a good little defender.
It was cute to see them play, but we'll be glad when he's on a bigger field. It's hard to really get momentum with these tiny fields. Yay for soccer!
No comments:
Post a Comment