Thursday, August 8, 2019

Allie the Teenager!

Allie woke up bright and early on the morning of August 8th and just like that, she was 13!

 The boys didn't want to wait until evening to have her open her gifts, so they talked her into doing it in the morning.

 Nathan gave her a hat (he's really into them himself these days).  Jake gave her some socks, Jason some candy.  We gave her some shoes and a few school clothes.


 We had stroganoff for dinner the night before, so we didn't even make very much of a fuss that night.  I'm afraid it seemed a bit underwhelming, but Allie had a great day nonetheless.
She was able to ski and had a great run.


She also walked into town with Jake and her cousins like a proper teenager.



We did have blondies instead of a birthday cake and she was able to blow out the candles and make a lovely wish (I'm sure).



She's growing up and she's growing up to be an amazing kid.  I shouldn't be surprised, she's always been so amazing.  A bit dramatic at times, but always amazing.

Happy birthday Allie!  You have such a kind heart.  You are unselfish and I love that you look out for those who might need a friend.  You are empathetic and sympathetic and an easy person to love.
I know that the brothers drive you crazy sometimes, but you are a great sister to them.  They know that you always have their backs.  When together, you might bicker and fight, but when it really comes down to it, you all can rely on each other and that is a blessing.
I love the relationship we have.  You are easy to talk to and I love that you trust me and look to me when you need advise or comfort.
You will do great things in this world and I love that I get to call you mine.  I have loved you for what feels like forever and I am so happy that I get to love you for an eternity more.
This year will be one for the books.  I just know it.  Thanks for being a light in our lives.
I love you forever...

Mom

No comments: