On Saturday morning, some of us got up early to swim across the lake.
My nieces Nicole and Taylor were both doing it, so I joined them.
We started near Grandpa's dock and swam to Ponderosa. We swam for an hour and 20 minutes and the girls did so great. Nicole just started swimming and never really stopped. Taylor wanted to make a plan of what goal to swim to every few minutes or so. We picked the white cabin, and then the red chairs, and then the blue chairs, and then the green cabin, etc. until we were there.
I got a charlie horse in both calves at one point and nearly sunk to my doom until I remembered that my arms still worked. Man, those muscle cramps in cold water are no joke.
I was glad to be there with the girls cheering them on. I'm sure they would have made it just fine without me, but I like to think I helped by being in the water with them. It's quite a feat!
I wish Jake had come with us. He's still a new swimmer though and I didn't know if he could have kept up with the girls. We didn't want to be split far apart with only one boat.
Next time we go to McCall, he's going to do it for sure.
Yay for swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment