The kids all slept through the first night without a hitch. I set alarms on my phone and woke up every 4 hours to make sure they had meds on board. They woke up in pain, but it wasn't too bad.
Each kid went to their own little corner of the house and set up a comfy spot.
Charlie wandered in and out and tried his best to make each kid happy.
I tried not to think of the hours and hours of screen time...
The YW came and brought Allie some ice cream. They gave it to all the brothers too. They are so nice.
They all did okay. for my part, as long as I kept them medicated and offered popsicles every few minutes, I felt like I was doing my job. The hard part came when they didn't want to eat or drink. The medicine hurts your stomach if it's not eaten with food, so I felt like I was constantly forcing them to eat past the pain.
Jake and Nathan did okay with that. Allie, not so much. I force fed her and even then, she was pretty miserable. I really just want to forget the bad things. It was a brutal recovery.
I did get this nice text from Jake though...
"I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you helping us through this. I know that we would be ten times more miserable without your help. Thanks so much."
I think the hardest part of this whole ordeal for me was that I couldn't always just fix things. They had to go through some misery and I couldn't take it away. I'm glad that Jake noticed that I was trying my best to do what I could to help.
Poor pitiful little Schwabbies...
No comments:
Post a Comment