Jake had to go to school a day earlier than the other kids. He was still not at all recovered. Poor kid was miserable at night. I got a text from him that said, "Mom. I'm getting tired of waking up to a face full of boogers and a throat that feels like I tried to swallow a bag of sandpaper. I can't sleep."
Then later, he said "Mom, answer me honestly. Do you think I will be able to go to school tomorrow?"
He was pretty miserable.
I woke him up super early so he could get some meds and try to have it kick in in time to go to school. He was really good about drinking and doing all that I asked of him. He even smiled for pictures...
Looking at those, you'd never know how miserable he had been just hours before.
He went to school and made it until lunch time and asked if I could come get him.
I can't believe he's a freshman!
Jake...I love you boy! I hope you have a great year! Good luck kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment