Thursday, August 8, 2019

Family Boat Ride

After the blondies and ice cream that we had for Allie's birthday, we hopped in the boat and went to the other side of the lake.  I love going on boat rides over there.  
We got to the cliffs and there weren't any other boats there.  Jason and Jake decided to jump.



 Jason jumped off with zero hesitation every time.  Jake went off the tallest one too without seeming fearful.
 We let Allie drive on the way back. 
She's pretty cautious.


 I just realized I don't have any pictures of Nathan.  He was there too.  He was in the water, but didn't jump this time.

On our way back, we saw a deer swimming in the water!  I thought we were going to witness the drowning of a deer on our lovely family outing.


But he was actually swimming really fast and before too long, he had made it to the other side.  He jumped up onto the island and trotted off like it was an every day occurance.  I couldn't believe it.


I also got a picture of the osprey nest that I photograph every time I'm in McCall.  I don't know why it holds so much fascination for me, but probably because on our boat rides growing up, we always stopped to see if we could see an osprey in the nest. I remember my grandpa and my dad pointing it out.  This year, it had babies in the nest.


It's depressing to drive by Grandpa's lot and see a huge monstrosity of a mansion on it.  The rock on the beach is the only identifying factor.
Oh well...I guess that's just how things go sometimes.

It was a lovely boat ride.

No comments: