I've been such a slacker! There has been a combination of things that kept me from blogging the last few months. But all those things are just excuses when it comes down to it. I am committed to it though. The kids ask me every Sunday if I've updated the blog. Just today, my mom said she doesn't feel like she knows what's going on in our lives because I haven't blogged. :)
So, it's a new year; and even though circumstances are still not ideal, I'm going to start today. I will go back and catch up on stuff from 2019 because two children's birthdays were left un-celebrated as far as you all know. :)
There's no better time to start than now. The first day of a new year, a new decade. It's a fresh start.
A few of us stayed up late to watch the neighbors burn trees and party. One of us fell asleep at 8 (my friend Mike). So he was up and at 'em early in the morning and chomping at the bit to go to Star Valley. I'm going to write about all of that, but tonight, I'm going to write about this...
I've never been so happy to do dishes in all my life. That might be an overstatement because I remember being really happy to do dishes when Mike bought me a new dishwasher in the trailer house when we were first married. But, even then, I had always had running water. Just no dishwasher. So as far as I can remember, this is the happiest I've been about doing dishes.
We got home from Star Valley and the plumber had been working and had installed the dishwasher and sink. I've been without a kitchen sink (and water) since December 10th. I've missed it so much!
Mike keeps talking about how the remodel hasn't affected him. He rarely used the kitchen sink and didn't miss it at all. I didn't realize how much I use the kitchen sink and have missed it minute by minute.
I am so grateful for running water. There was a point today when we thought we'd be without it in the whole house until tomorrow. (It seemed like all the kids needed to poop right when we got home, so I was suggesting they go to neighbor houses...the idea wasn't well received. My kids are all shy poopers...except Jason. No shyness there.) Anyway, not long after we got home, our awesome neighborhood plumber came over and next thing you know, we've got running water and a working dishwasher. Kids pooping freely. Life is great.
The house is still unfinished. We're still living in a bit of a chaotic mess, but I've got a kitchen sink and I'm blogging again. That's good enough...right?
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment