Sunday, January 26, 2020

Pasta Party

The swim team meets at someone's house the night before every swim meet and has a pasta party.  A few parents get together to provide the food and one family hosts and finds some way to fit nearly 55 kids in their house.  
I knew I wasn't going to be able to host at our house this year because most of the parties took place on days where we were without a kitchen, but I signed up to help.
My time came the night before the region meet.
I was in charge of salad, bread, and drinks.  I asked Jake what kind of salad to bring and he told me not to bother...that no one ate salad.  He told me to bring chocolate milk though.  
I couldn't take his word for it.  I hoped he was wrong and that just because he didn't load his plate up, maybe some kids do.  I was determined to bring salad and figured people would eat it.  So, I brought enough to feed 40.  We went through one bag.  One bag of salad that's meant to feed 10.  They also nearly finished a bag of croutons that was meant to feed 120.  It was so funny to watch kid after kid walk right by the salad and then pile their entire plate full of pasta (or just croutons).
They also burned through 3 gallons of chocolate milk and one gallon of regular.  It would have been more, but that's all I brought.  
They ate through 10 loaves of french bread too.  I'm really glad I listened to my friend's advice and just brought the dollar loaves from Walmart instead of making my own.  Crazy teenagers.


I just noticed in this picture that this kid is picking the croutons out to put on his plate. :)
It was really fun for me to see Jake in this light.  He has friends.  He talks to girls.  He is part of this big group and they call him Schwab. 
I love swim team!

No comments: