It was a long weekend and it felt like I was constantly looking for things for my kids to do.
I had just gotten some strawberries and Nathan saw me washing them. He was hovering like a little hungry bird waiting for them to be ready to eat. I suggested that he could cut some of them up for me and he jumped on the opportunity.
After talking and talking about how much fun it was to cut fruit, he said, "Mom. I'd rather cut fruit than play video games. Fruit is my life!"
I would agree that fruit seems to be his life. He really does eat more fruit than anyone I've ever met. He came home from a friend's house the other day exclaiming about how they had a fruit drawer that had kiwis, grapes, blueberries, etc. and he had wiped them out of all of it. I was horrified on many levels, but one was that I couldn't believe he'd just go eat all of their fruit as if he's starved at home. He insisted that the mom gave it all to them, but I wasn't so sure. When I saw his friend's mom later, she assured me that it was all okay, but I was still embarrassed. Dang kid!
I guess there are worse things to eat in large amounts!
No comments:
Post a Comment