Saturday, January 18, 2020

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home


To preempt the annoying impression that Mike is Charlie's dad, I know that he's not.  He is Charlie's person though and Charlie loves him and gives him a greeting when he comes home from work that is unlike any greeting he's gotten from any of us for a long time. 
When Mike walks through the door and Charlie can't contain his excitement, I can't help but think of the primary song that the kids sing on Father's day.  He really is so glad when Mike comes home. 
On this day, I noticed that Charlie was standing by the door that leads to the garage.  His tail wagging gently and he was looking at me as if to ask if he could go out. Then, because I wasn't letting him out, he started to whine.  I thought there might be something rustling around in the garage that he wanted to investigate, but when I opened the door, Charlie bolted out and ran to the car.  Mike had been away for a few days in the old Pilot and I didn't even know that he was back yet, but Charlie knew.

He waited impatiently at the door to the car while Mike finished up his phone call.  I missed getting a picture of him climbing the door, whining, trying to attract attention.


Mike didn't know I was watching and he let Charlie in and snuggled him for a big hello.  So, he can't tell me he doesn't love Charlie too.

No comments: