Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Saturday Snow and Such

As I said earlier, the cabinet guys came over to finish the last of the kick plates and all that stuff last week.  However, we still had one last thing to do.  We needed to hook the water to the fridge up.  Our plumber neighbor came over on Saturday morning and hooked things up under the sink.  He thought I was nuts that I wouldn't let him move the fridge out to make sure it wasn't leaking.
We had walked it in with an air jack though and before we sanded this down, we had rolling marks from bringing the fridge in and out before.  I wasn't about to do that again.  He couldn't imagine not knowing if it was leaking.
Mike was confident that he had put things on well, so we were sure it wasn't leaking.  The plumber left, shaking his head.

It made me all nervous that maybe we'd have a slow leak that we wouldn't know about and then we'd have a mess on our hands.  So when Allie's friend came over, I looked at her and wondered if she could fit in the space we have between the cabinets and the fridge.  Sure enough, she was able to get back there.  We handed her a light and she checked out the back of the fridge.  No leaks!  Now we can rest assured.  :)

 Allie also went into town with Mike and they ended up picking out a rug.  He felt like the rug was destined to be ours.  He has a whole story for it.  I just think it's funny that he bought a rug.

 Just as Jason was beginning to feel a little bored, his friend came over to get him to play.  I asked over and over if he was sure he wanted to go out in his basketball clothes.  He assured me that he'd be fine, but finally relented and got a long sleeved shirt.  Silly boy.


 Allie also asked if she could make some muddy buddies with her friends.  My first thought was to refuse.  I didn't want the mess in my new kitchen!  Then, I decided I needed to chill.  So, here's to the maiden voyage of teenage messes...

I have to laugh at this picture.  It wasn't staged, but Jake came barging in and stole some blueberries that Allie had washed and was treasuring.  It became a scene, but this picture makes me laugh because they're all looking at him as if I asked them to...but I just snapped the picture before kicking him out so the girls could have the kitchen to themselves.

A little later on, Allie decided to be a nice sister and pull the kids behind the wheeler.

They had a great time and came in covered in snow.


It was a lovely stay at home Saturday.  The kids all played and had fun.  There were messes made, but nothing that we couldn't quickly clean up. 
I love days like that. 

No comments: