I went to put Nathan's coat away the other day and I had to laugh when I opened his locker. This kid is a super fan. It cracks me up that he's put all his Green Bay stuff in his locker. You can't see it, but in the helmet, he's got his gloves and his beanie.
I thought Mike was intense when it comes to football, but really, Nathan's on a different level. When I told him we were switching to 9:00 church, he said "Oooo, so guess what happens right when we get home?"
I answered, "lunch?"
He said, "no! football will be just starting instead of us coming home after we've missed some of it."
He knows stats and all kinds of things that I just have to take him at his word because I have no idea what he's talking about. When the Patriots lost on Sunday, he came running upstairs and told me all the scenarios that could happen so that "maybe the Packers can get into the Super Bowl" I stopped listening with real intent, so I can't even confirm if that's what all the excited babble was about, but I can't imagine him being that excited about anything other than the Packers having a chance to get into the Super Bowl.
Anyway, love the kid. He's going to have to cool his jets a bit though or his future wife will be a bit annoyed at all the hype. Who knows, maybe he'll be a pro football player and he'll find some girl who loves the sport as much as him. The sky is the limit with this kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment