Jason and Nathan are playing Winter basketball on city teams. It's a little inconvenient that they are on separate teams that play on the same days, but we'll make it all work.
Jason was a basket case on the morning of his first game. He hadn't ever played before and he was so worried about how it would go. I told him that most of the kids were just starting out too and that he had to at least go and give it a try. He loved it.
When the older kids asked if he made any baskets, he said, "that wasn't my job. I was just supposed to bounce the ball when I walked." I guess we need to learn a little more about the rules of basketball.
Nathan is happy to be doing anything involving a ball. He had several really good passes and took possession of the ball any chance he could get. He's a good little athlete and loves to run.
He does get a bit distracted. Any number of things can distract him, but the biggest one is checking his new watch to see how many steps he's taken. He was really excited that he had run 4000 steps in the game. I would bet that he had double the steps of most of the other kids because he can't help but run back and forth and around in circles several times as the other players just go where they're supposed to go and then stay there. :)
They're fun to watch! I'm excited to see how they do as the season progresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment