Monday, September 24, 2018

These Boots are Made for Walkin'

So, Jason woke up and wanted to wear his long sleeved shirt with his shorts.
I argued, but he won.

Then, a few hours later, when it was time to get on the bus, he went to his snow boots and tried to pull them on.  I told him they were out of the question.  It's still almost 90 degrees when he gets home from school.  He was insistent.  He couldn't get them on his feet though because they are getting pretty snug.  So, he dug around a bit until he found Nate's old cowboy boots.  He was thrilled to find that they are just his size now.  There was no way I could talk him out of these boots.  He said "there's a girl in my class that wears purple boots, so I know it's okay."  I told him that girls can wear boots with their skirts, but it's really odd for a boy to wear them with shorts.  By now, we were minutes away from the bus and I thought that it would be funny to let him go like that.  So, he left.

Three hours later, as the bus pulled up, the first words out of Allie's mouth were "Mom!  I can't believe you let him go to school like that!"

She used to be a pretty random dresser too.  It's just how it goes when you're 5.  And Jason's only going to be five for a few more weeks.  I'm going to let it be.


No comments: