I wanted to take pictures of the box that Charlie came home in. Mike was so cute and took him into the dollar store to buy some wrapping paper and have the ladies there help him wrap the box. I don't know if I've ever seen anything so cute come out of a box.
Jason and I tied the balloons to his leg and he didn't know what to think...
We had a great time though.
The house is already changing. We rolled up the rug so Charlie won't go pee on it. His kennel is in the corner and he's got a happy home. He whined the first night in his crate. I don't blame him. He was just taken from him mom and siblings. I would cry too. I took him out to pee every two hours and he didn't have any accidents in his crate. Tomorrow I'm going to space it out a bit. He didn't need to go every time he went out.
I went out on a visit today and left Charlie in the kennel. I told Mike to just ignore him and that he'd probably cry, but just leave him in there. I was gone longer than I expected and when I got back, the kennel was empty. It was my first time leaving him, so I panicked thinking that he had wriggled his way out of the bottom. All the doors were closed, so I couldn't imagine why else he wouldn't be in there. I went in search of him and found him snuggling with Mike on the hammock in the yard. Mike is a big old softie. He would cave in when the babies cried too.
I think we've got this.
Just look at that face! We've got this Charlie! We're going to make it work for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment