Sunday, September 2, 2018

Finally!

 Jason and Finn spent the whole day together on the day before school started.  They got to go out to lunch together, and they played uninterrupted for hours.  It was a great day before the start of their new lives as school boys.
 The next morning (at 6:00), Jason woke me up with his "first day of school!" cheer.  I thought of Nemo and his dad.  :)  He was dressed and wearing his backpack by 6:30.
He waved energetically at the others when they got on the bus and drove away, and then he settled in to wait patiently until it was his turn.  He has afternoon kindergarten, so he rides a bus there at 11:50 and then rides the same bus as the others on the way home.
 I taught him the sign for the letter k.  Here's my cute little kindergartner!


He also requested a few of his "mind control" pictures.  Gross.


Finn came up in time to pose for a few pictures.  These boys are good little friends.  They aren't in the same class, but they are taking it well.  I think it's probably a pretty good idea to divide them.  :)



 As soon as they got together, they were off chatting and having a great time.

After the bus picked them up, I drove to the school to take pictures of them going into the school.  I caught Nate at lunch and Allie at P.E. 
 The kiddos hopped off the bus and saw us moms and dads standing there with cameras and I think they were a bit confused.  They had just left us.




 The bulldog was there and the kids got to play at the playground as they learned where to go.

Then, it was time to line up and go in to the school.  I got a little bit emotional, but not as much as I would have expected.  Jason has been so excited that I am happy for him.  The night before school, he expressed his worries about not knowing how to read as well as the other kids.  I told him that everyone starts out the same (for the most part).  I told him that I would miss him, but that I was so happy for him that I'd be just fine.  He squeezed me tight and was ready to face it all.  As I watched him line up for the door, he was helping other kids get in the line and listening to directions.  He didn't look over at me or need reassurance from me at all.  That made me happy.  I am glad that he has the confidence to go it alone.  He's going to do just fine.



When he got off the bus, he was still 20 feet away when he yelled "Mom!  It was the best day ever!  And I didn't even miss you at all!"  But he gave me a fierce hug and squeezed at least five times longer than he ever had in greeting before. 


It's so crazy to have all the kiddos in school.  I am happy for the experiences that they get to have.  I loved school and I hope the best for them.

No comments: