Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wisdom and the Trot

Jake got his wisdom teeth out last Friday.  They had to come out before he was done with braces and they were impeding space for his last set of molars to come in.  So, even though he's so young, they had to go.  We went in early on Friday morning and were out of the office an hour later.  He wanted to have one of those funny videos of him crying about Disneyland or his lost youth like some of the other kids in the neighborhood, so he gave me permission to record him.  Instead of a weirdo, I just had a sleepy, but happy Jake.  When he was loopy, he mumbled so bad that I couldn't understand him anyway.  So, sorry Jake, nothing funny.

 He did great with his recovery though.   He laid around a bit all day and watched a movie and played the PlayStation, but by the evening, he wanted to go hang out with friends.  I let him go because he was doing so well.  I'm grateful.

 My three elementary kids had the Tri-School-Trot.  It's our school's fundraiser and it's always a big hit.  They didn't have it last year, so we were glad to see it make a comeback.  The only downer is that the shirts were a drab grey.  Seriously?  Shirt committee, you couldn't think of one color better than grey for an elementary school fundraiser?!  The other schools got better colors...we just got ripped off.
 The kids found friends to run with.  I thought it was cute when I saw Finn and Jason holding hands as they ran.  They are best buddies.


I felt like one of those fancy ladies who carry their dogs around in their purse...because I was one of those ladies.  It was a mistake to bring Charlie.  Everyone wanted to hold him, and he didn't sleep peacefully in my bag like I had imagined.  Plus, as we were walking in, Allie and I saw a sign that said "no dogs" so we were both pretty worried that people would think we were awful for bringing him.  :)

 We got over the worries when we saw a few more puppies there.  Yay for all the rule breakers!


No comments: