Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Spending the Cash

I've mentioned before that Nate's latest thing is riding scooters at the skate park.  Up to this point, he had been borrowing Allie's purple scooter, or if he was lucky, riding Jake's cool scooter.
After being at the skate park last time, Nate asked if he could buy a scooter.  He was embarrassed by the purple of Allie's scooter and said that kids were teasing him.  That part wasn't true, but I told him I'd split the cost of a new scooter with him.  He has been saving his money all summer and it was burning a hole in his pocket anyway.  

We got online and picked out a bright yellow scooter that would put him out 25 dollars.  There was a green scooter that was 5 dollars more and I asked if he was sure about the yellow one over the green.  He told me he'd rather pay less money than get a color he liked, so yellow it was.  It came two days later (Amazon Prime makes being an impatient kid a little easier).  Mike put it together for him, and he was one happy kid.  He's been jumping off curbs and riding it like crazy.  This boy of mine is pretty fun.  Way to go Nate!  Good job saving the money for something you really wanted!


1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Hard work pays off!!! That’s pretty cute he wanted yellow instead of the green!!!! Amazing job Nate!!!!