Monday, February 18, 2019

A Day Off

The kids got a day off of school because it was parent teacher conferences.  Jake still had to go, so the others wanted to do something fun to make him jealous.  :)
Nathan wanted to go skiing.  I couldn't really take him because Jason didn't want to go and he's still not old enough/good enough to go out there on his own.  He was incredibly sad, until I mentioned that we could go to the jump zone.




 They all had such a great time.


Allie flipped all over the place and then wanted me to take a picture of her doing a Nacho Libre dive.  Haha...

I sat and watched.  It wasn't bad at all.  The kids are old enough now that I'm becoming a bystander mom rather than a chase around and put out fires kind of mom.  It's really weird.
I took them swimming a few weeks ago and I sat on the bleachers and wrote in my journal.  I can type without looking at the keyboard (who would have ever imagined that!  I used to hunt and peck for the keys in college).  Anyway, I can type without looking, so I watched the kids as I typed.  That's multi-tasking!  I've started bringing my computer everywhere I go now.  I'm catching up on my journal and trying to keep up with writing so that if I ever find a spark of inspiration, I can work on some creative writing.  I have always wanted to be a writer.  I just don't know what to write. :)  I'll keep at it and maybe something will come to me...


No comments: