Remember when I told you that Allie passed her coloring box down to Jason? Well, this is it. Jason treats this box with complete reverence. He meticulously sorted the crayons, markers, and colored pencils into drawers and is very careful when he takes things out or takes it from place to place. I think it's pretty cute.
I've never really had a kid who voluntarily turned to coloring, or art. They'd all do it if that was the last thing to do on earth, but Jason just goes and finds his box to color during the day.
Maybe we'll get one artist out of the bunch.
I love that he doesn't stand by convention. He doesn't always color the carrot orange or the apple red. He colors the apple purple and calls it a poison apple, or the green carrot becomes a poisoned carrot. Is it macabre or creativity? I don't much care :)
No comments:
Post a Comment