Jason has been asking to go to karate for as long as I can remember. We finally signed him up and he started a few weeks ago. As we pulled up to the gym, Jason said "this is the best day of my life! It's like when I was born and the first day of school, only better!"
I kept trying to remind him that he wouldn't be fighting people. I said that they would just be learning skills and moves and that they might fight later on down the road. Then, we walk in, and the class is sparring. They had these chest pads and things that counted how many times they were getting hit. Jason got out there and started sparring and he won his first match 17 to 4. It was pretty crazy. The instructor asked me if he had ever fought before. Jason said, "Yeah, I do it all the time" just as I was saying, "no, this is the first time we've come". Jason said, "well, I fight Nathan all the time." We all cracked up. That kid is a nut.
Since then, the novelty has worn off a bit. He still goes, but he does it with hesitation because he doesn't want to get left in there alone. I never do, but he is always worried that I might. Ugh.He loves learning new moves though and he is pretty awesome already.
No comments:
Post a Comment