Saturday, February 9, 2019

A Dog's Tale

My name is Charlie.



Tonight, the lady I love was reading books to the two boys that I tolerate.  I had some time on my hands, so I joined them. I had a grand time chewing up a stuffed animal that used to be loved by someone else.  The animal became mine because I chewed it.  I find that is the best way to make things mine.  I just take them and try to act innocent when someone gets mad.  Sometimes they give up and just let me have what I want.  It's pretty great.

Anyway, after I chewed the stuffed animal for a while, I could tell that the annoying boys were almost asleep, so I chose that moment to pee right where I stood.  I have been peeing almost exclusively outside for weeks, but I decided it was time to shake things up.  It must have worked because my lady friend was completely surprised.

After that, I spent some time outside on the chain and then I spent some time in my kennel.  I knew I was in trouble, so I didn't even complain.

After a little while, I got lucky and the boy that I love came to rescue me and put me in his bed.
I could hear my lady friend rummaging around with the laundry, so I ditched the boy.  Sure enough...there were fresh sheets on the bed that I love! I made myself comfortable.  I was so comfortable that when my lady friend came in, I just gave her a look with my smoldering, sleepy eyes and after a few bright flashes of light, I was able to stay.




I am living the dream over here!





No comments: