Nate has discovered a love for fresh bread and honey butter. I made some honey butter at Christmas time and have had containers of it in the freezer. Every time I make bread, he gets one out of the freezer and has a smorgasbord for three days.
Nathan is a man of many words. He was pontificating about bread when I had my computer out, so I just started typing. Here is just a bit of what he had to say about the freshness of bread...
"The best day for this (honey butter bread) is the first day. Then the second and third days are good too. After that, you have to get it from the freezer and it's just not as good then. It just kinda loses its taste and it gets crustier. I like the beginning's soft crust. You can eat the whole thing and get to the crust and it's still soft. When it's from the freezer, the crust is bigger and not as soft."
I typed as he talked until the words were going round and round in circles. That boy...
Anyway, he can spread his own honey butter bread now and does it until the fresh bread is gone and I've had to get the bread out of the freezer. Then, it is no longer honey butter worthy. That bread is only good for cheese sandwiches and toasted peanut butter and honey. Crazy kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment