Thursday, February 7, 2019

Time on her Hands

Allie leads a pretty busy life.  She has something going on every day of the week except Friday.  Then there are all the friend activities.  She rarely has time on her hands.  So, Sundays are a favorite for her.  She likes to create things on Sundays.  She likes to get cozy in her one piece pj's and stay in them all day.  She gets the boys going on crafts or teaching them dance routines.  This particular Sunday, she devoted to clothing Charlie.

She wanted to see what would happen when she put socks on him.  It was pretty funny.

Then, she decided to sew him a sweater.  I've never sewn something from a pattern, or tried anything like that, so I told her that it was way out of my range of sewing skills.  She decided to figure it out on her own.  She looked at the sweater that he already had and tried her best to copy it.

She did it!  It came apart at the seams in one area and was pretty hard to get on him, but she made it.  I was proud of her.  I was making cookies as she sewed, so I was watching as she went through the whole process.  There were several times that I would have thrown in the towel if I were her, but she just kept at it.  That's one thing about Allie.  She can be pretty determined and she doesn't quit just because something is hard. (I might have to take that sentence back.  She wants to quit piano...)


Anyway, way to go Allie!  I wish Charlie had appreciated it more for you, but he really didn't care all that much about it.  :)

No comments: