Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Superbowl Sunday

I am getting outnumbered.  The kids in my family are starting to actually watch football.  Nate tells me stats.  He's a super fan and I'll find him watching football even when Mike isn't home.  It's just crazy, I tell you!
So, I heard all about the superbowl for weeks.  Nathan wanted to make sure I was aware of it and that we'd be doing something fun.  I always have grand plans in  my head of fun things to do and yummy treats to make, but then the day comes and we just have to deal with what we have.  

 The kids love the opportunity to eat downstairs.  We lay out blankets and have all kinds of good food.  This year, I made smoothies and Mike was paralyzed with fear that someone would spill on the new carpet.  Nate pointed out that it's hardly new anymore because we've had it for over a year.  He's lucky to be alive.
 I should have thought about clearing off the pants that are hanging up to dry on the treadmill...but this is life. 

The game was pretty boring and I didn't even see 5 minutes of it.  I did watch part of the half time show.  We all laughed as Adam Levine took off layers of clothes.  We fast forwarded parts that were lame.  What did we ever do before DVR?  :)

On another note, the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so he predicts an early spring.  We're all pretty excited about that.  Who even knows though.  We'll probably be swimming in cold and snow all through April.  I usually don't really care about cold and snow, but I do look forward to seeing the tulips and green grass.


No comments: