Sunday, February 3, 2019

I Sneaked

Not sure if you were aware of it, but Jason can be a bit of a strong willed child.  We're working through life okay, but we do come across some snags here and there.  One of our recent snags has been homework.  He's just flat out not a fan.  He doesn't like to read because he isn't instantly good at it.  It's a bit intimidating to get a new book, so he doesn't want to read them on the scheduled days.
Homework is hard because there are so many other fun things to do.
We are always turning in the packets days and sometimes weeks late.  It's been rough.
Anyway, we are supposed to be reading the word list and then initialing the days that it gets read.  I told Jason to read it one more time and then I'd sign it.  He dug in his heels and wouldn't read.  
After all sorts of begging and pleading, I told him that we'd just have to let the teacher know he hadn't done one of the days.  I told him I wasn't signing it.  That was that.

He left for school and I realized that we had forgotten to put his homework in this back pack to turn in.  I glanced down at it and found that Jason had taken the matter, of me not signing off on his reading, into his own hands.



When he got home, we had a little chat.  I asked him what he had done and he said, 
"You said you weren't going to sign it, so I sneaked it."  He was quite proud of what he had done.  We had to have a chat about cheating and lying, and he had to read the page.  I'm sure the little turkey will do it again.  If I had a dollar for all the times I forged my parent's names, I'd be able to buy something nice for sure.  Sorry Mom...  :)

No comments: