Friday, May 8, 2020

A Tale of Two Watches




We have a neighbor who passed down an Apple watch that she wasn't using.  I got one for myself for my birthday, so I didn't need it.  I let Nathan wear it for a little while, but we had to connect to my phone so he could use it.  He was getting my texts (and sometimes responding to them) and would let all the kids know when they had upcoming events because his watch was giving him notifications.
Other than that, I couldn't tell a difference.  Until, my exercise ring was closing early in the morning...after I had been pretty much sedentary.  I realized right away that although it was counting our steps separately, the rings were combined and he was so crazy active, he was completing the rings at an alarming pace.
Fast forward a few weeks and Mike's work sent him a new phone.  That meant, we could connect the watch with his old phone.  All of the problems of before have been solved.  However, as this notification let me know, it's obvious who was doing all the working out before.  "Make it happen.  Yesterday, your exercise ring didn't get enough love.  Let's get it closed today, Sue."
I guess I'm on my own now.  I can't slide by under Nathan's hyperactive wing.

No comments: