They gave everyone an assigned day and time to come to the school and collect all their last things. Allie's time and day was today. She is officially finished with school now! She's finishing out the school year with a 4.0. She's one smart cookie and where things get hard, she just works harder. She was pretty stressed out several times throughout the year, but she did what it took to get things figured out. I'm proud of her.
Allie loved being a 7th grader. She liked moving to different teachers and having a variety of fun classes. She thrived in a big school with lots of kids. She is a fun friend and I think she's a good and loyal friend.
We laughed today about how she got a pretty rough start to school (recent tonsillectomy) and how it now had a rough end to it too.
Home school seemed to be pretty great for her though. She'd get right up and get it done so she could relax after lunch each day. She has missed being with her friends though and she is worried that things won't be the same in the fall. Let's hope things get better and they'll be able to resume life as usual soon.
Allie is a great kid. I love that she is reliable and responsible. I love talking to her and being her friend (as much as a mom can be). She's a fun buddy to have around and I am so grateful she's mine. Way to go kid! We're proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment