Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Nathan's New Look

As I said before, Nathan was jumping on the trampoline and somehow, the bar that holds the net  came off and stabbed him in the face, just below his nose.  He didn't even know what was going on and he thought it had just given him a bloody nose at first.  I came out with a paper towel and saw right away that it wasn't a bloody nose and that he'd need stitches.  I was so upset.  My beautiful Nathan Joe, scarred up for the rest of his life.  I know I'm being dramatic and it's not at all bad compared to things that people all over the world endure every day, but it was my reality at the moment.  I love Nathan's face.  I love it the way it was and I will always love it, but I also reserve the right to be sad that he now has a scar an inch and a half long under his nose.  I get to be sad that the perfect little face has changed forever.
After I was sad about that, I saw all the things to be grateful for.  I'm grateful that this happened at the point in time during this pandemic that he was able to get into the doctor easily.  There are places where something like this couldn't be fixed because they're just worried about saving lives and not stitching wounds.  I'm grateful that the placement of the wound was pretty easy to fix up.  If it had been just a little lower, it would have knocked out permanent teeth.  If it had been higher, it could have broken his nose and done more damage than we can even imagine.  He's lucky it didn't hit his eye.  There are all kinds of things to be grateful for and I most certainly am grateful.  I'm also still just sad that it happened at all.  I hate it when my kids are hurt.

So, what's done is done.  We had our awesome doctor stitch him up and he did and excellent job.  Nathan's just excited to add one more injury to his growing list.

I love those cute freckles.  Can you see on his nose how the bar stained it with grease, but didn't cut it?  That's one of the things to be grateful for.





No comments: