Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Life Skills


Mike took the boys out to Star Valley for the day and I stayed home to catch up on things.  Allie stayed with me and we had a lovely quiet day at home.

When the boys got back, they had an engine in the back of the truck.  I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about, but I guess one of the snowmobiles needed some work, so they pulled the engine while they were in Star Valley.  Mike started working on it at home, so he called the kids over to watch and learn.  
I was planting flowers in the front yard and Jason said that Allie needed to go help me plant the flowers...that working on the engine was boys work and planting flowers was girl's work.  Just for that, he earned landscaping duty. :)
They all watched and learned with Dad, then they all came and helped weed the front flower bed.

I feel like I need to explain Allie's hair.  She and her friends used straws to curl their hair.  That's why she looks this way.  We'll post the "after" pictures tomorrow.  

Once again, Jake was being a smart alek...he'll learn eventually that I will post the pictures.  Even if he's being a dork.  :)


No comments: