We were right smack in giant sequoia country, so we were happy to see some of the amazing trees right in our campground.
We left after a bit to go watch the sun go down at a nearby beach.
I think it's pretty funny that Mike used to tell me I was ruining the moment when I'd bust out my camera. Now that he's always got his phone on him, he takes a lot of pictures too.
Charlie finally overcame his aversion to sand and he ran and ran. He chased back and forth from me and Mike to the kids. He leapt over the stream like it was nothing and we all had so much fun calling him back and forth just to see how fast he could go. It's something I wish everyone could see. He really can run fast when he wants to and you can't help but laugh.
On our way back to the camp ground, the GPS took us on a different route than we had taken before. I read a sign (as we passed) that said no RV's...it soon became apparent why...
Back at the campground, we all took showers and then Jason finally talked everyone into a game of Monopoly. He loves to play (hates to lose) and is always looking for people to share in a game. He knows it's way more fun with the whole family so he's always after the whole crowd. This game was intense and lasted way past bedtime.
It was a great end to a beautiful day.






No comments:
Post a Comment