I've been missing my Momma. We had a free day, so we loaded up and went down for a visit. Things are still on lock down everywhere, but we decided since we've kept pretty much to ourselves, we could risk a visit to grandma.
We cleaned up the yard a bit and planted some flowers for her. I was cracking up at this, so I made her pose for a picture.
She had a bush that was more than half dead. We went at it with the clippers, but it only made it worse. She didn't want to tear it out that day, so she put the garbage can in front of it and artistically placed the trimmers so it looked a little better. :)
Allie found Grandma's pogo stick and lamented that she's too tall for it now.
The boys had fun playing too.
I have an awesome mom. She outworks me all the time, and she's always teaching me new things. As I watched her plant her flowers, it reminded me why mine usually always die. She does all kinds of things to make the soil ready for the flowers. I barely dig a hole big enough and then neglect them for the rest of the summer and wonder why I can't grow anything. :)
We had only recently moved into this house when I got engaged, so I spent the summer working on the back yard and planting things along this staircase so we could have a beautiful yard for our reception. It's cool to see how things have grown in these last 19 years. I planted two packets of cosmos along the side where those tall bushes are and they spread out like crazy. There have been cosmos there ever since. They're annuals but they were so plentiful that they just re-seeded themselves every year. We found several down at the bottom of the hill that were coming up voluntarily this year too. So funny that two .99 cent packets of flowers made such an impact.
Jason has been asking me to fix his little penguin friend Sparkles. Charlie got to her and chewed off her foot and broke her wing. Sad day for sure.
I kept telling him that I couldn't fix it. How can you sew/fix a foot that resided in Charlie's belly?
This morning, he packed up his penguins and said "I'm going to ask Grandma to fix it. She can fix anything. She's really good at crochet". First of all, how does he even know the word "crochet?" Second, I know that my mom doesn't crochet, and even if she did, that wouldn't do anything for poor Sparkles.
I should have had more faith in my mother. She saved the day! She sewed up Sparkle's wing and it turns out, that was all Jason expected. He was happy as could be.
What a good grandma! I'm not sure if Sparkle is Pongo's girlfriend, sister, wife, or friend...whatever she is, they are re-united now that she's out of the hospital.
Dixie popped in to see us.
Allie got to see her cousin and have fun with her. It was just a really nice visit and I was really glad we went.
We came home with a car full of wheat for the bakery. We are burning through our wheat supply. :)
Life is good...especially when I get to see my mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment